France and Spain are to ban cosmetics after three men died from botulinum toxin-related poisoning in the southern city of Lyon.
The three were taken to a hospital after taking two doses of a product containing the botulinam toxin, according to an official at the regional health department.
The third person was admitted to hospital but is now out of danger.
France has had a long history of poisoning cases from cosmetics, and in the past year there have been more than 60 reported cases of botulosis in France.
It is one of the most common botulisms in the world, affecting an estimated 500 million people worldwide, according the World Health Organization.
A spokesperson for the ministry of health said that the three cases of poisoning were related to a cosmetic made by a company called Beyonce, which makes some high-end fragrances including a range of high-fashion perfumes, including a perfume called Blush.
The company did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
The French authorities have previously warned that the disease can spread from person to person, but the risk of spreading it from one person to another is very low.